There is scholarship money up for grabs for students living with lupus!
Because college degrees are more difficult for individuals with lupus to obtain—many students must delay school or reduce their course load. The Lupus Inspiration Foundation for Excellence understands and are here to help. Students diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus are now benefiting from the disease. The Lupus Inspiration for Excellence (LIFE) scholarship is awarded to those students living with SLE who are seeking higher education and perform well in school.
– Student must have a diagnosed case of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
– At least a 3.0 GPA
– Participate in at least one extra-curricular activity
– Must take at least six credits a semester
– Needs to include in application transcripts, a letter of recommendation, a letter from doctor confirming diagnosis, application form, and a 500 word essay describing “How Lupus Has Affected My Life”.
Amount: Minimum of $500
Number of Recipients: Varies
Degree Type: Undergraduate or graduate degree
Student Type: Students with lupus
Category of Study: All
States: ALL States
Deadline: July 1st
Photo obtained from the Lupus Inspiration Foundation for Excellence’s website.
* For more information contact
Lupus Inspiration Foundation for Excellence
L.I.F.E. Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 64088
Tucson, AZ 85728-4088 Scholarship